noteedit looks terrible on KDE-2.2

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: noteedit looks terrible on KDE-2.2
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:00:38 +0100 (CET)

NoteEdit-1.17.0:

  http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

looks terrible on KDE-2.2. See:

http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/kde22problem/kde22problem.html

The icons and the text is distorted. The icons look terrible and the text
is unreadable.

It has to do with a new scaling and font handling algorithm on
KDE-2.2/Qt-2.3. It concerns for instance all SuSE-7.3 and
RedHat-7.2 users. So if noteedit has the same terrible outfit as
shown on page above try noteedit-1.17.1.

-----

Furthermore:

   A terrible PMX chord export bug is fixed

and

   The MusiXTeX exporter now has a accidental
   placing algorithm. Thus, overlapping accidentals
   in chords shouldn't occur any longer.

---------------

There is a further problem on RedHat-7.2: During installation there is
a message:

   /usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
   Don't know how to do adjust column widths with libxslt
   unable to parse ./index.docbook

As a result the OnLine help isn't available on RedHat-7.2. I don't
know what's wrong. I assume it has to do with a prehistorical libxml/libxslt.
But I'm not sure. So all RedHat -7.2 users must forego OnLine help.
(Perhaps a RedHat guru can explain what's wrong)

If this error stops the whole installation process then in top
Makefile change:

        TOPSUBDIRS =  doc noteedit po

against:

        TOPSUBDIRS = noteedit po