Food for Thought (was: Shape notes, EZ play notation)

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Food for Thought (was: Shape notes, EZ play notation)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:12:34 +0100

Hi folks,

sorry that I have not been an active poster lately, but my schedule was so
full. But the discussion about "shape notation" here got to me.

I don't intend to hurt anybody's feelings here, but wouldn't it be better to
address the following problems before supporting yet another kind of "easy
notation"?

- Fully configurable bar line shapes linebreaks (end AND beginning of line)?
- Rehearsal marks (esp. segnos/codas (o.k. codas are almost never in a first
  line)) collide with heading if occuring in first line of song?
- An easy-to-tweak chord symbol algorithm?
- An easier way to write drum notation (not fussing with Threads all the
  time)?
- Percent repeats for 4 bars?

The current opinion may have changed, but I've learned the piano with plain
old round noteheads and I cannot say I've suffered because of that.

Not meaning any harm,

Amy

--
Louey & Amy