question and thanks

From: Tanneke den Blaauwen
Subject: question and thanks
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:20:35 +0100

Unknown in Setup section at line 275:
  %%BeginPaperSize: a4
Unknown in Setup section at line 277:
  %%EndPaperSize
Loaded Ghostscript DLL C:\gs\gs6.53\bin\gsdll32.dll
GNU Ghostscript 6.53 (2002-02-13)
Copyright (C) 2002 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file COPYING for details.
Unrecoverable error: invalidaccess in .setdevice
Operand stack:
    --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--
--nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--
Failed to open device or install ViewerPreProcess hook: returns -7

Unloaded GSDLL
Dear lilypond creator,

I do not know whether I write to an exsisting person or an answering
computer, but anyway, I would like to thank the inventors of Lilypond for
their kindness to share this program with everybody who likes to write music.

One the program works I will be pleased to share my writen material with
whom  it want. I do not know whether the purpose of this email adres is to
function as helpdesk, but I try anyway and sorry for bothering you.

I have installed lilypond for windows and followed your stating
instructions inwhich you advise to make a file foo.ly with some text in it
and subsequently let the program compile the measage in a visible piece of
music by ghostscript. At least this is how I understand it. Initially I got
the measage that gostscript was missing on my computer, so I have down
loaded the program. The lilypond program seems to work fine, I get the
information "output to 'foo.ps', DVI output to 'foo.dvi'. After typing
ly2dvi -P foo gostscript opens and tells me the following:

Unknown in Setup section at line 275:
  %%BeginPaperSize: a4
Unknown in Setup section at line 277:
  %%EndPaperSize
Loaded Ghostscript DLL C:\gs\gs6.53\bin\gsdll32.dll
GNU Ghostscript 6.53 (2002-02-13)
Copyright (C) 2002 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file COPYING for details.
Unrecoverable error: invalidaccess in .setdevice
Operand stack:
    --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--
--nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--
Failed to open device or install ViewerPreProcess hook: returns -7

Unloaded GSDLL

After removing this measage I end up with an empty foo.ps file. I an a
stupid windows user with little knowledge on computer programming, could
you give me a clue what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance.

(you can also write back in dutch)

Tanneke den blaauwen