How to avoid ps2pdf

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: How to avoid ps2pdf
Date: 10 Apr 2002 18:28:05 -0400

I've been running my lilypond through lilypond-book, latex, dvips, and
ps2pdf in order to put pdf files up on the web that friends who have
acrobat but not ghostscript can print.

I upgraded to Mandrake 8.2 a couple of weeks ago, and this system
seems to have stopped working.  Specifically, the postscript produced
by dvips seems fine, but the pdf produced by ps2pdf has oddities like
noteheads floating free from their stems and repeat dots moving away
from the barlines.

I have asked about this on the mandrake list, and other people have
confirmed that they have the problem, but so far no solution has
appeared.

I know there are lots of ways to get pdf out of TeX; is anyone here
using one with lilypond and latex that doesn't involve ps2pdf?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139