Re: Windows bug report

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Windows bug report
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:53:11 +0200

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Sure it is! Just open the file in GSview and export to PDF.

Hmm.  I didn't know that.  Maybe we should document that.

> Also, a .bat version of the ps2pdf program is included in the
> Windows distribution (in /usr/windows/gs/gs6.50/lib/ps2pdf.bat
> on my Cygwin), so it's just a matter of setting the path correctly
> if you prefer to use the command line instead of point/click.

Indeed.  It looks like adding the right lib dir to the path, and
including a gs wrapper should do it.

Maybe we should drop the windows gsview and gs(win) packages
altogether, and try to get lilypond/lydvi to work with the gs included
in Cygwin.  Maybe add an option to ly2dvi to call ps2pdf, and direct
people to that adobe stuff that everyone on windows already seems to
have anyway?  Or should we wait until Xfree, xdvi and gv are available
for Cygwin?

Jan.