Re: Fwd: Re: libkpathsea3 and tetex

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: libkpathsea3 and tetex
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:19:33 +0200

This is unfortunately one of the major disadvantages of
Debian; if you want to update to a newer version of a
single package, you often have to upgrade a most of the
system. If you read the installation instructions for
Lilypond, you'll find a link to
http://people.debian.org/~foka/lilypond/
which contains newer Lilypond versions compiled to
work together with the current stable Debian.

Otherwise, I actually recommend that you compile and
install Lilypond yourself from the source code. In
principle you just have to run './configure', 'make'
and 'make install', however you probably have to
install a few '*-dev' debian packages to get the
necessary include and lib files. Installing
'guile-dev' and 'tetex-dev' should be a good start.

  /Mats