Re: Lily 1.5.60 again...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lily 1.5.60 again...
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:26:48 +0200

> Hello to everybody!  I am still here, trying to run Lilypond 1.5.60.  Now
> it seems to work, but there is a strange thing I had to do in order to get
> it working, so I would know what exactly I made.
>
> Ok, I will repeat it: I wanted to install Lilypond under /usr, not under
> /usr/local, so I called `configure' with `--prefix=/usr'.  Compilation and
> installation were successful, but when I executed `ly2dvi' for the first
> time, I got this:

> After some investigation, I found that file
> `buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile' which I ran after installing Lilypond
> contained the following lines:

> if [ "$LILYPONDPREFIX" == "" ] ; then
>     datadir=`echo "/usr/local/share/lilypond/1.5.60" | sed 's!//!/!g'`

That's strange. The default directory should be the same as
the definition of datadir in config.make. Could it be that
you first ran configure + make and then later reran configure
with --prefix=... followed by make without doing 'make clean'
inbetween? Try 'make -C buildscripts clean' and 'make' again.

Shouldn't there be a dependency on config.make in these
make rules?

   /Mats