Re: Lilypond 1.5.60 for Windows

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond 1.5.60 for Windows
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:39:03 +0200

> With respect to fingering: my piano professor tells me that normally in
> piano the finger instructions for the right hand are put above the stave and
> for the left hand below. This serves the purpuse also of knowing which hand
> to use when a voice crosses over staves, as it happens in the piece I sent.

If you keep the hands in separate Voice contexts, that's easy
to automate:

  \context PianoStaff <
    \context Staff = upper {
      \property Voice.Fingering \override #'direction = #1
      \righthandmusic}
    \context Staff = lower {
      \property Voice.Fingering \override #'direction = #-1
      \lefthandmusic}

Combined with automatic stave switching, I think that
Lilypond offers really good support for this situation.

   /Mats