Re: multiple pages again

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: multiple pages again
Date: 27 Jun 2002 18:03:17 +0200

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 16:01, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > If you're going to encourage people to put multiple pieces in one
> > lilypond file, there should probably be some way of controlling
> > pagebreaks in lilypond.
>
> There is!  Within a score, you can say \newpage and
> for the titling you could use the trick described by
> Simon.

from my trial and errors, i found that \newpage will only work inside
\notes { ... } and only between bars. you cannot force a new page say at
the end of your piece or at the beginning of your piece, only in the
middle...

i'm assuming that this has to do with the paging functions of tex
avoiding whitespace and so, but it might be better if \newpage would
force a page-break regardless of where it is in the .ly file.
possible/not possible?

greetings,
simon.
--
Confucius say, man who live in glass house shower in basement.