Re: stupid font question

From: Paco Leon
Subject: Re: stupid font question
Date: 02 Jul 2002 08:37:33 -0700

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 16:32, Han-Wen wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > Well, I don't understand TEX fonts, so somehow I have managed to
> > get my lilypond installation into a non-functional state
> > (after it was initially working). I compiled version 1.4.13 from
> > source on Red Hat 7.3 on an Intel PIII system. xdvi has some problems
> > finding fonts, it seems. The message I am now getting when I run
> > xdvi is:
>
> > Any pointers to a fix for this problem would be appreciated.
> > Thanks-
>
> Are you sourcing lilypond-profile (or lilypond-login if you're using
> csh ?) at login?  If so what does
>
>     set | egrep 'TEXMF|GS'
>
> say ?

I do not explicitly call lilypond-profile, but I found lilypond.sh had
been installed in /etc/profile.d. Here are the environmental variable
values:

$ set | egrep 'TEXMF|GS'
GS_FONTPATH=/usr/share/lilypond/afm:/usr/share/lilypond/pfa
GS_LIB=/usr/share/lilypond/ps:/usr/share/lilypond/ps:/usr/share/lilypond/ps:

There are many *.afm and *.pfa files installed in
the two directories of GS_FONTPATH (including the feta26 which xdvi
cannot find).

/usr/share/lilypond/ps contains two files: lilyponddefs.ps  and
music-drawing-routines.ps.

Any suggestions? Would re-installing help?

Thanks very much for your help.
 - Paco