Re: transposing

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: transposing
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:33:26 +0000

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:18:56 Rune Zedeler wrote:
> Simon Bailey wrote:
>
> > i know this may seem like a weird question but is there a way to
> > transpose and generate "lily-input" output?
>
> Why would you need that?
>
> > is there any way to do this, or must all this sort of tranposing be
> done
> > by headwork?
>
> You can use the lilypond transpose-command to get transposed music.
> Why
> do you need it in lilypond format?
>
> -Rune

Maybe he wants to transpose a score that has transposing
instruments already in it and wants to be able to make
sense of the result. I can imagine wanting to do that.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden