Re: font problem?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font problem?
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:27:22 +0200

> On Wednesday 31 July 2002 00:23, Han-Wen wrote:
> > address@hidden writes:
> > > I'm running lilypond on SuSE Linux 8.0.
> > >
> > > Lilypond is version 1.4.10-87
> > >
> > > When I process my files I get C clefs appearing instead of the
> > > tails of quavers.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Can you send us the output of ly2dvi or lilypond --verbose?
> > Lilypond should detect this problem (which already was correctly
> > diagnosed by others.)
>
> Thanks for your assistance all!
>
> I have tried the previous suggestion of sourcing the
> lilypond-profile, which for me made it worse.  The clefs turned
> into a couple of dashes and the time signature came out as a circle
> with a vertical line through it.
>
> I'm running on a new installation of SuSE 8.0 with everything
> installed from the supplied RPMs.

Including Lilypond, I presume?

> Here's the verbose output...

> TEXMF="address@hidden@,{/home/anna/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/var/lib/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf}}"

What lilypond-profile did you source and where did you find it?
This looks like you have used buildscripts/lilypond-profile.sh as
opposed to buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile and it also looks as
if you use a file from a newer version of Lilypond, not for 1.4.10.
The RPM should have installed a correct lilypond-profile in
/etc/profile.d/ so this should work automatically.

> MFINPUTS="/usr/share/lilypond/mf:/usr/share/lilypond/mf:::/usr/share/lilypond/mf:"

This looks OK (for version 1.4.10).

> Invoking `lilypond  -I /home/anna/carols -H dedication -H title -H
This also looks OK!

What does the following command return?

kpsewhich feta20.pk

   /Mats