Re: Build 1.6.3 on Mac OS X

From: Zachary Brewster-Geisz
Subject: Re: Build 1.6.3 on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:37:25 -0400

On Monday, September 16, 2002, at 04:05 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

When issuing make from the python directory:
-------------------------------------
g++2 -shared -o out/midi.so out/midi.lo      -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib
-lguile -L/sw/lib -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
_PyArg_ParseTuple

That's strange; these should be undefined, and resolved during
linking.  You can try linking explicitely to python, ie, add

    -L/path/to/libpython* -lpython2.2

Hmmm. I bet that's the issue, because when trying this I discover I don't have any libpython.a or libpython.dylib. I bet it's because I'm using the Apple-installed python. I will install the Unix python (from fink) and try again.

(If this works, I'll try to add it to Wiki...)

Zach