Re: "Firstpagefill?"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: "Firstpagefill?"
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:20:15 -0700

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:19:55 +0200
Olav <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there a way to strech the first page system  (more space between
> staves) so that it fits the paper?

I can only think of one way, and it's ugly.  *Really* ugly.  But it
worked for me once.  :)

For each instrument, define two staffs.

Cellobeg = \notes { blah blah }    % the first four or eight bars
Cello = \notes {blah blah }     % everything apart from the beginning

In your \score setup, you obviously want this:
\score { \context GrandStaff=gs <
        { \Cellobeg \Cello}

Now you have two seperate staff objects -- one that's used for the first page
of your score (\foobeg), and another that's used for the rest of your score
(\foo).  You can set the minimumVerticalExtent to different values.

I used this for a string quartet piece; I wanted everybody to have the whole
score for the first staff-line, but then to only print their own part -- like
this:
       Cello Part:
/ vln1
| vln2