Re: vertical alignment (possible error!)

From: Ronald Hoellwarth
Subject: Re: vertical alignment (possible error!)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:46:24 +0100

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 08:25:42AM -0500, Suzanne E. Blatt wrote:

[snip]

> After counting the braces, I tried adding a third one to close off the
> \score and got the following:
>
> \score {
>  \note { a4 a a a \break a a a a }
>   \paper {
>    \translator {
>     \StaffContext minimumVerticalExtent=#'(-4 . 4)
>     }
>    }
>   }
>
> /home/sblatt/Music/translator.ly:2:6: error: parse error, unexpected
> SCM_IDENTIFIER:
>  \note
>        { a4 a a a \break a a a a }

The errormessage is telling you, that the identifier that was found is
not OK. I stumbled over such things too. To correct the error it should
read

\notes
     ^
note the little "s"...

You mentioned that you are using lilypond 1.4.10 - I would recommend you
to get a more recent version. See the webpage for the current stable and
development versions.

> Any and all help would be MOST appreciated!
>
> Suzanne

HTH & HAND

greetings from crailsheim, germany
ronald höllwarth

> ps.  If this mailer is still giving 'html' _please_ let me know.  I tested it
> before sending this email and it indicated that this was 'plain text'

Yeah! You made itk!! This one was plain text. Thanks!