margins

From: Mike Charnoky
Subject: margins
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:27:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm a new lilypond user.  First off, I must say: hats off to the
developers!  What a wonderful tool!  My wife has wanted George Winston
sheet music for some time, and it is not available.  But, using commonly
found MIDI files and lilypond... simply magic.

Anyway, I have been going through the docs trying to find out how to
format a page to have a 1" left margin, in order to bind the pages in a
3-ring binder.  How do I do this?  I have experimented with the \paper
directive: "indent" seems to only indent the first line of music.  Using
"linewidth" certainly works, but also changes the right margin too, since
all lines are centered.  Is there an easy solution?

noky