Re: lyric placement

From: David Boersma
Subject: Re: lyric placement
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:45:40 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Paul Scott wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why this code places all of the lyrics under the
> highvoice staff instead of each set of lyrics under its own staff?

Hello,

You should treat a Lyrics context just like a Staff context: if there are
more of them, give them names, otherwise Lily doesn't know which Lyrics
context you are talking about and it will just assume that there is only
one Lyrics context/line and add all words to that line.

>       \context Staff = highvoice <
>           \property Voice.TextScript \override #'padding = #0
>           \global
>           \addlyrics
>           \highvoice
>           \context Lyrics { \highwords }

So, change this last line to (for instance):

            \context Lyrics = HighVoiceLyrics { \highwords }

>           >
>       \context Staff = lowvoice <
>           \property Voice.TextScript \override #'padding = #0
>           \global
>           \clef treble
>           \addlyrics
>           \lowvoice
>           \context Lyrics { \lowwords }

Likewise:

            \context Lyrics = LowVoiceLyrics { \lowwords }

>           >
>       \context Staff = bass <
>           \property Voice.TextScript \override #'padding = #0
>           \global
>           \clef bass
>           \addlyrics
>           \bass
>           \context Lyrics { \basswords }

Likewise:

            \context Lyrics = BassVoiceLyrics { \basswords }