Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?

From: Ray Peck
Subject: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:13:22 -0800

Hi!

I'm writing a document on music theory and New Standard Tuning
(Robert Fripp's fifths-based guitar tuning).  The first version
of this was done with Word and Visio (hiss!); the new version
is in OpenOffice.

I'm adding notation to the new version of the doc (the
first version only had fretboard diagrams), and would love
to use Lilypond and the GUI front end to generate it.
I want the images to scale (I don't want pixmaps).  I guess
EPS is possible, but that seems like heavy overkill for the
dozens of little musical fragments that I want to build.

>From what I've been reading I can't quite figure out how  to
make Lilypond and OpenOffice play together nicely without
writing a bunch of software myself, which I don't have time
to do (e.g., writing an SVG backend for Lilypond and then
a way to import SVG directly into OpenOffice).

Do you have any clues for me about who else might be working
on this?  I really don't want to build notation note-by-note
in OpenOffice Draw!

Thanks.