Re: simple transpose question

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: simple transpose question
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:43:44 +0000

On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 19:22:32 Rune Zedeler wrote:
> Art Moore wrote:
>
> > I'm new to lilypond and so here's my question:
> >
> > how do I transpose a complete piece? I want to print
> > out several transposition of the same song, but I
> > can't figure outthe syntax.
>
> Did you read
>
> http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Transpose.html#Transpose
>
> ?
> What parts didn't you understand?
>
> The way to go (in 1.6.x) is
>
> \score {
>   \notes \transpose d'
>   { ... your music ... }
> }
>

> -Rune

Maybe, even probably, he wants to print different versions of
the same piece.  It may be that each version would require
different fingering, for example.  One might have tab and
the other not.  It would be terminally confusing to use
\transpose for such a purpose, even if it worked.  I think *maybe* he is
looking for an editing tool, so there isn't anything for
him not to understand, is there?  DaveA