Re: strange music (no stems & odd timings)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: strange music (no stems & odd timings)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:32:46 -0800

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:59:13 -0800 (PST)
Jeff Ousley <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to transpose some odd music. It's only
> meant for singing. The notes have no stems. Also, the
> measures are not all the same length (timewise) but
> the time signature is not printed. Is there a way to
> not print stems & time signatures?

Yes, definately.

For the stems, you want to remove the stem engraver.  I'm sorry I can't
recall the exact command for that.

To remove the time signature, I suggest this:

\score{\notes{
\property Score.defaultBarType = empty
\property Staff.TimeSignature \override #'molecule-callback = #'()
\cadenzaOn
d4 d d d
\bar "|"
e4 e e
\bar "|"
c4 c c c c c c c c c c
\bar "|"
}}

You could also do this:
\paper{
   \translator { \remove Time_signature_engraver }
}

I _think_ that the \translator line replaces the two \property lines,
and so you should keep the \cadenzaOn command, but you should experiment
a bit and find out.

Cheers,
- Graham