wrong type1 font used by dvips

From: Thomas Willhalm
Subject: wrong type1 font used by dvips
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:01:22 +0100

Hello,

I'm afraid I'm also stuck with pdf output. It seem like dvips does not
use the correct font. The clefs and notes are garbage. An example is
attached to this email.

The issued command is

   dvips -Ppdf -G0 -ulilypond Morgenlicht.dvi

It does not produce any warning or errors, but the result doesn't have
the correct fonts.
"ly2dvi -p Morgenlicht.ly" shows the same problem, but
"dvips Morgenlicht.dvi" gives the correct (bitmap) font.

I recently switched to gentoo linux 1.4RC2, which comes with tetex 1.0.7.
I did my own compilation of lilypond 1.6.6, running

./configure
make
make pfa-fonts
make MAKE_PFA_FILES=1 install
source buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile
texhash

"kpsewhich feta20.pfa" reports
/usr/local/share/lilypond/1.6.6/fonts/type1/feta20.pfa

Any suggestions?

Thomas