tie not showing up (lilypond 1.6.5)

From: Jeff Ousley
Subject: tie not showing up (lilypond 1.6.5)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:23:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

This odd piece of music I'm working on is giving me
fits. I'm making progress thanks to help from all of
you.

What I'm facing now is trivial, but annoying. In the
verseNotes section, towards the end (3rd measure from
the end), I have a tie between two notes (the b-flat
and g). For some reason this is not showing up in the
output. I've tried commenting out these three lines:

        \property Score.defaultBarType = empty
        \property Staff.TimeSignature \override
#'molecule-callback = #'()
        \cadenzaOn
        \property Voice.Stem \override #'transparent = ##t

since they were my first suspects. This did not make
the tie show up. Any ideas? And if you have any other
advice on this very odd music, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
-jeff