Re: Hanging tie with cue notes

From: Daniel Ashton
Subject: Re: Hanging tie with cue notes
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:42:22 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:

On Sat, 01 Mar 2003 17:53:32 -0500
Daniel Ashton <address@hidden> wrote:

I'd like to set the first note with a tie to the previous non-existent note, i.e. a hanging tie. Is the possible? What I have looks something like this:

Take a look at invisible notes.  And you might want to use a slur rather than
a rest (I stress the "might"; I'm not certain if it would make any difference at
all).

Thanks Graham.  I really appreciate your ready replies.

I looked in the ref manual for every permutation of "visib" and "transpar". The closest I found was transparent stems. Can you help me see how to get from there to invisible notes?

One of my fundamental mental stumbling blocks is how to get them to not clash with the R1*6.

--
Daniel Ashton      PGP key available     http://Daniel.AshtonFam.org
mailto:address@hidden         http://ChamberMusicWeekend.org