Re: Lyric verse naming

From: Ryurick M. Hristev
Subject: Re: Lyric verse naming
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 07:55:23 +1300 (NZDT)

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> Warren Stickney wrote:
>
> > I wish to name lyric lines for multi-verse vocal music as 1. 2. 3. etc.,
> > and am using the following simple command sequence:
> >
> > \score{
> >              \notes <
> >
> >              \addlyrics
> >              \context Staff="1"
> >              {
> >               \voicedefault
> >               \property Staff.instrument = #'("S 1  ")
> >               \voiceB
> >               }
> >
> >             \context Lyrics="1"
> >            <
> >               \context LyricsVoice = "Sop1Verse1" {
> >               \property LyricsVoice . stanza = "1."
> >               { \wordsBVA }
> >               }
> >
> >              \context LyricsVoice = "Sop1Verse2" {
> >              \property LyricsVoice . stanza = "2."
> >              { \wordsBVB }
> >              }
> >           >

> > etc.
> >
> > This works perfectly in most cases, but not when a stave starts with a
> > rest in the first bar. That is, where one, or more, parts start singing
> > from the second bar onwards.
>
> Just a wild guess: Have you tried to additionally set
>                \property LyricsVoice . stz = "1."
> According to the docs, this should be the abbreviated form of
>                \property LyricsVoice . stanza = "1."
> However, my experience shows that they are different.

IMHO there is a bug somewhere; I've seen a similar kind of thing:
it worked with the focu. example but not when the notes are actually replaced
with a \<whatever> construct (using Lilypond 1.6.8)

Ryurick M. Hristev mailto:address@hidden
Computer Systems Manager
University of Canterbury, Physics & Astronomy Dept., New Zealand