Re: caesura

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: caesura
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 01:01:34 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> I somewhat agree but the choice of fonts chosen for that document should
> be independent of the unicode value used to represent the caesura.  I
> haven't presently got a better example to show.  Maybe someone else
> does?  I would hope that a better example would be generated in the
> fonts used by Lilypond.
>
> Using "//" actually works thanks to Graham ( Thanks! ) but it would be
> better if it actually claimed some horizontal space for itself instead
> of just placing itself on top of whatever is there.

I added a caesura symbol to 1.7 cvs (see
input/regression/breathing-sign.ly).  I made it slightly curved and
tapered (like the comma, but more elongated), since straight lines
don't fit in the font, IMO.  However, some scans of real railroad
tracks would be appreciated.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen