Multi measure rests

From: Alan Lakin
Subject: Multi measure rests
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 22:25:21 +0000

Lilypond 1.7.9 Mandrake 9.0 rpm

I have successfully used

\property Score.skipBars = ##t

and inserted R1*2 into a clarinet part and it works fine. However, when I
create the score two extra empty bars are inserted in the clarinet part
resulting in the part being two bars longer than it should be. Is there
something I have missed that I need to do when building the score?

Also, it just so happens that I need to use \markup at this point. The \markup
works fine when attached to r but not R. Is this correct?

Many thanks.

--
                Alan Lakin
        Wallington, Surrey, England