Re: Tin whistle "fingering tablature"...

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Tin whistle "fingering tablature"...
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:42:52 +0200

   There is not specific builtin support in Lilypond, but you could
   use ordinary text scripts to obtain what you want.

   Try something like
   d4_"x"_"x"_"x"_" "_"x"_"x"_"x"
   g_"x"_"x"_"x"_" "_"o"_"o"_"o"

I tried this, but I couldn't get the symbols to show up in the
postscript.  But this maye have changed in later version of lilypond
(I used 1.6.9).  This way is also quite cumbersome...

What I was thinking one could do is something similar to the way tabs
are done.  I.e. something like say:

\score {
  \context StaffGroup <
    \context Staff <
        \melody

    \context TinWhistleStaff <
        \melody

}

and get the desired output.  Any tips on where to implement this kind
of a hack would be nice.