Re: Cluster width

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Cluster width
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:47:53 +0100

As far as I can see, this is currently hard-coded such that the
minimal width of the line is the same as the separation between
two note lines.

You may want to take a look at the example file
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html#embedded-postscript.ly
for an alternative (if you add '.2 setlinewidth' at the beginning of
\embeddedps{, you will get a thinner line).

   /Mats

Arthur Moore wrote:
I'm excited about the cluster feature (I've just now started to look at lilypond after using 1.6 a while back.) I'm using it to depict a line I want a tympanist to play. I want him to follow the curvature of the line, not paying specific attention to pitches. Is there any way to make the line thinner? This is what I'm doing:

\apply #notes-to-clusters { b'8 f' g' e' a' g'}

I'm not actually using this feature as a cluster, but as a line.

Art

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems