Re: Divisi and Unison

From: Christopher Ellis
Subject: Re: Divisi and Unison
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:17:47 -0800 (PST)

Thanks again.  What you sent wasn't quite right, a "{"
was in the wrong place or something, but close enough
for me to understand what is going on.  I am including
what worked for me so that it might help someone else.
 So, Brahms Symphony No. 1 2nd movement where the
first violins split into section and solo can be done
like this.

\paper {    papersize = "letter"
          indent = 0.0\in }

\score {
        \new GrandStaff { \notes {
                        d'4 d' d' d' |
                        d' d' d' d' |
                        d' d' d' d' |
                        d' d' d' d' | \break
                        <<
                          { e'4 e' e' e' }
                          \new Staff { c'4 c' c' c' }

                        d'4 d' d' d' }

This is how I have seen it done, with the brace.  One
last nitpick, perhaps a bug.  When I run lilypond on
this, the last barline of the first line is not at the
end of the line.  I don't think I am doing any thing
to cause this.  If anyone knows anything, please help.
 Thanks again.

Chris