Re: Help defining commands

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Help defining commands
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:24:53 -0700

Guy Shaviv wrote:

That's correct, I'm interested in how you can set up a command that takes a
parameter. I actually even need two parameters as a partial barre has two
parameters, on what fret and on how many strings. While for the full barre I
can setup 12 commands (e.g. \barreI \barreII ...), its impractical to setup
all the permutations for the partial barre, that would take 60 commands).
I am trying to solve the same problem.  I have gotten this far:

#(define textPad( lambda( pad ) \property Score.TextScript \override #'padding = pad ))

with several guessed variations of

(textPad 3)

Can someone help me finish the syntax?

TIA,