Printing onto A3

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Printing onto A3
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:05:03 -0000

Hi,
I know that this is really a Ghostscript/Tex type of questions, but
given the context, I wondered if you guys had any experience in this
area.

I'm considering getting an A3 duplex laser printer to print multi-page
parts.
Now, as long as the output is for up to 4 pages, then it is just a case
of printing 2 pages per sheet on two sides.
However, for more pages, it gets a bit more complicated.

For 8 pages, it will require 2 A3 sheets: sheet 1 will have pages 1,8
and 2,7 and sheet 2 will have pages 3,6 and 4,5, with sheet 2 folded and
inserted inside sheet 1.

Our LaserJet 4050TN has a booklet option which does this automatically,
when using the Windoze printer driver.

It seems like a standard kind of thing to want to do. Has anybody done
this from Lilypond?

Cheers, in advance,
Ralph

---------
Tribal Data Solutions has moved, please visit our website for more details
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk.
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the basis of
our copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Thank you.