Re: Lyrics too far from notes

From: Jeffery B. Rancier
Subject: Re: Lyrics too far from notes
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:26:01 -0500

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> The property setting means that the lyrics is typeset within a rectangle
> that extends at least 3 units down (that's that -3) and 3 units up
> elative to the baseline of the lyrics. This rectangle is then put next
> to the rectangle where the stave is typeset (see Documentation ->
> Program reference ->Translation -> Contexts -> Staff for information on
> the smallest size of that rectangle). So, if you want the lyrics closer
> to the staves, you can decrease the verticalExtent in the both the
> Staff context and the LyricsVoice context (note that your setting
> actually increases the spacing compared to the default).

Mats,

I your write up on setting properties
(http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-10/msg00195.html)
and found it very helpful and readable.  I definitely think it should be
polished up and added somewhere in the documentation, perhaps in the
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Interpretation-context.html#Interpretation%20context)
section.
--
Thanks,