beamed stem rounding problem

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: beamed stem rounding problem
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:46:18 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> However, if you look closely, it's creating a divot on "inner notes" of
> a beamed group:
>

> Perhaps the "rounding function" can/should be cancelled on stems of
> inner notes on a beam group and the beams that connect to them?

No - that's quite difficult. I've fixed the overlap for innerstems, so
you won't see this (except when using large blot diameters.)

> On that topic, what was the logic which informed the decision behind
> having separate beam elements instead of a single graphic/PS object per
> beam (i.e., across the entire group of notes)?

The logic of single malt whiskey late in the evening.

Doing the entire group of notes is better, but I'd rather not rewrite
that code if it's not necessary; it's sort of hairy.