Stanza Number Request

From: Rob V
Subject: Stanza Number Request
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:49:51 -0500

I would like to make a formal request regarding the new format of the stanza
numbers in the updates of Lilypond.

I’m making songbooks for my church where each song has a melody line with
several verses of lyrics.  The new format for the stanza numbers places the
numbers right next to the first word, and doesn’t seem to have the option to
line them up in a column like in the older version did.  This doesn’t look very
good (in my opinion) when there are several verses and the first words are all
different sizes.  Also, there doesn’t seem to be any option to place the stanza
numbers at the beginning of the second and third system.  It makes it much
easier to follow the verses when they are numbered throughout the whole song.
I’m using 2.0.1 right now to finish my book, but it would be nice to access
some of the newer features in the updated Lilypond.

Is it possible to include these format ideas in upgrades of Lilypond?
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm