help requested!

From: Janusz Szafruga
Subject: help requested!
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 02:10:09 -0800

Hello,

I think I followed instructions given in page
http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html

I did the download of LilyPond and got through installation.
Then I downloaded the test.ly file.
But double-clicking the test.ly icon on the desktop
does not produce the desired test.pdf file. (the entire
outcome of double-clicking the test.ly name is that
something -- like a rectangular window -- blinks on
the screen for a moment. That's it.)

The computer is a 2 year old compaq running
Windows XP Home Edition, with 512 MB memory and 60 or so GB
hard drive, so plenty of room.

So what should I do to make it work? (I mean how can I produce
a pdf output from a ly script file in this environment?)
Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks,
Janusz

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm