Re: Need help with installation

From: Peter LaBorde
Subject: Re: Need help with installation
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:14:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I have already downloaded LilyPond twice, following the instructions to the
letter, but the installation does not work. There is no test.log file to send
you so I send you two other ones that may have information. Quite frankly, I
don't see how my computer could launch test.ly since it doesn't know what
program should run a -.ly file. Also, the instructions say that test.log will
be
found in the same folder as test.ly, but the instructions told me to save
test.ly to the Desktop (???).

Just to make sure, is this supposed to be the contents of test.ly?

% This file has ledger lines and a slur

\score { \notes { c4-(  c4-) } }

Thanks for any help,

PL