Grace notes in partial measures

From: Randall J Elzinga
Subject: Grace notes in partial measures
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:19:41 -0400

Hey everyone,

I have the following in a lilypond file

\header{title= "Grace Bug"}
\score{
\notes{
\time 4/4
\relative f' {
\partial 4*1 f4|\partial 4*3 \grace{ g  8} f2. \bar "|."}}}

When I run it through lilypond, it generates an extra bar empty bar after the last note. If I take out the \grace g8 command, then no extra bar is generated. If I replace \grace by any of the other grace variations, the extra bar is still there. In the file that this error came up in, having graces in a full measure generated no extra bar, so I think it has something to do with grace notes in partial bars. How can I stop this from happening? Is this a bug?

Randy.