Re: Methods of working

From: chip
Subject: Re: Methods of working
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 13:56:20 -0700

I've decided to try jedit with the lilypond plugin, so I installed jedit and the plugin, and the dozen or so plugins the lilypond plugin requires, but am stuck on one more plugin it need - jhall.jar. I cannot find this plugin anywhere, do you have it or know where I can find it?
Regards,
chip

Bertalan Fodor wrote:
I use jEdit (www.jedit.org) with the LilyPond plugin
(www.sf.net/projects/lily4jedit). That's all. The best that I don't have to
leave jEdit and can do anything :-) If I were you I compared it to an
Emacs-based workflow :-)

- I click on the "document wizard" button and set up my staves with lyrics
if needed, key signature, time signature, partial measure and so on
correctly, in 10 seconds.

- I write the score, using the autocompletion feature. I save it to see if I
forgot to close a block or misspelled some command (but latter can rarely
happen due to the autocompletion).
- If I have lyrics, I type them in and have the plugin hyphenate it
correctly.
- I press F7 to have it processed, then press F9 to see the DVI file. I
click on the bad notes, to get back to the erroneous place. Sometimes I have
errors in the errorlist (usually for bar check errors), so click on them to
get to the erroneus place.

- If I want to override something I hardly know what property to set, I type
\override and using the autocompletion and the popup property-help I choose
the appropriate property.

- If I need to find something in the help I usually click on the LilyPond
help button, choose full-text search and look for it.

- To see a PS version of the score I go into the Plugin/LilyPond menu and
click on View PS.

- If I want to listen to the midi file I click on the Midi button in the
LilyPond toolbar.
Bert