Organ Fingering Notation

From: zvm
Subject: Organ Fingering Notation
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 11:19:51 -0700

Hi All - New to the list but have used lilypond for years. I have been setting some baroque organ works for some of my students. There is a fingering symbol that I don't know the name of (and so it is hard to look up in the documentation without a name) ... I'm hoping that if I describe it, someone in the musical typesetting world will know its name and can point me to how to recreate it in lilypond ...

If I want the alto voice on the treble staff played with the left hand there is a symbol that looks like [ without the bottom line and if I want the note on the bass clef played with the right hand its a [ without the upper line ...

Anyone know what I'm "talking" about?

Thanks

Zack