Ties, Slurs, and Voices Again!

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Ties, Slurs, and Voices Again!
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:53:12 -0700

I'm haven't problems with ties, slurs, and voices again, but the previous answers don't seem to help.

I have a situation when I have basically two chords, except that the top voice moves in a different rhythm from the other two.  Plus the inner voice needs a slur and the lower voice needs a tie.  This is the closest I've gotten:

\version "2.18.2"

\language "english"

{

 \time 5/4

 \key af \major

 <af df' f'>4 <g bf ef'> <c' ef' af'>

 <<

  { bf'8 ( [ ef'' ] c'' ) }

  \\

  {

  <<

   { g'4 ( af'8 ) }

   { ef'4 ~ ef'8 }

  }

 r8

}

If you render this, the inner slur and the lower tie are right next to each other on the bottom.  I want the slur moved up so that it touches the heads of the inner voice's notes.  Any ideas?

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)