Re: Reducing the second VoltaBracketSpanner length.

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Reducing the second VoltaBracketSpanner length.
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 19:31:03 +0200

<address@hidden>:
> Hi LilyPonders,
>
> I'm stucked with this code :
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \relative c' {
>
>    \repeat volta 2 { c4 d e f | }
>
>    \alternative {
>
>      {
>
>        c2 e
>
>        \bar ":|]"
>
>      }
>
>      {
>
>        \once\override Score.VoltaBracket.X-offset = #.9
>
>        f2 g |
>
>      }
>
>    }
>
>    c1
>
> }
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> Does anyone know how to reduce the second VoltaBracketSpanner in order to
> stop it at the barline ?
>
> Cheers,
> Pierre

Hi Pierre,

LilyPond should do the correct calculation automagically.
I wondered why it didn't work in this case and did some research.

It is a simple typo in bar-line.scm
replace:
(define-bar-line ":|]" ":|]" #f " |")
with
(define-bar-line ":|]" ":|]" #f " | ")
and all should work. Note the added space!

For now you should use 'shorten-pair as shown.
I'll do some more testing. In case all shows fine I'll provide a patch.

Cheers,
  Harm