Changes to LSR #542 (extractMusic et al.)

From: Jim Long
Subject: Changes to LSR #542 (extractMusic et al.)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:20:32 -0700

I'm trying to track down a problem I'm having with a file I store
as extractMusic.ily, which claims to descend from LSR #542.  My
copy says it's for 2.16 or later, which makes it older than the
current snippet #542.

My old version is attached.

The new version is at:

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=542

The older version contains numerous functions which are defined in
terms of the basic extractMusic function, along with "shortcut"
names to them, e.g.:

upToMeasure = #(define-music-function (parser location number) (integer?)
extractMusic = #(define-music-function (parser location music from during)
extractBegin = #(define-music-function (parser location music during)
extractEnd = #(define-music-function (parser location music from)
insertMusic = #(define-music-function
replaceMusic = #(define-music-function
replaceVoltaMusic = #(define-music-function (parser location
multiExtractMusic = #(define-music-function (parser location from seq-music)

#(define eM extractMusic)
#(define M upToMeasure)
#(define eB extractBegin)
#(define eE extractEnd)
#(define iM insertMusic)
#(define rM replaceMusic)
#(define mEM multiExtractMusic)
#(define mRM multiReplaceMusic)

None of those identifiers appear in the current source for snippet
542.  I particularly rely on extractBegin and extractEnd.

Is there a reason these have disappeared, or perhaps they are now
to be found in a new location?

Thank you!

Jim