Re: print change of clef after barline

From: Damian leGassick
Subject: Re: print change of clef after barline
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 09:09:29 +0100

On 31 May 2014, at 22:12, Thomas Morley wrote:

thanks Harm

I found a way...though I don't understand how or why the vector works for break-align-orders

Damian

Did you look into
IR 3.1.22 BreakAlignment ->break-align-orders ?

Or NR A.17 Layout properties ->break-align-orders

Please specify whats not clear there and how to improve the description.

Cheers,
 Harm

what is not clear is this bit:

The format is a vector of length 3, where each element is one order for end-of-line, middle of line, and start-of-line, respectively.

the override in this:

\version "2.18.0"

musicRH = {
    \override Staff.Clef.full-size-change = ##t
    \set Staff.printKeyCancellation = ##f
    \override Score.BreakAlignment #'break-align-orders =
      #(make-vector 3 '(
       span-bar
       breathing-sign
       staff-bar
       clef
       key-cancellation
       key-signature
       time-signature))

 \key fis \major
 s1 \bar "||"
 \set Staff.forceClef = ##t \key es \major s \bar "||"
 \set Staff.forceClef = ##t \key a \major
 }
\layout { ragged-right = ##f }

\score {
  \new PianoStaff
   <<
     \new Staff {\musicRH}
     \new Staff {\musicRH}

}

has only one order, suggesting that it acts on end-of-line only, but it also affects middle of line and also changes the spacing at start of line

I couldn't work out form the docs how to do the override just for middle of line (which is what I want), or how to do a vector with a different orders for end/middle/start respectively

thanks

Damian