Re: Removing Stems

From: Uns Liska
Subject: Re: Removing Stems
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 20:51:21 +0200

Remove the stem engraver from the Voice context. Not Staff.
Or better write \omit Stem, which is the same as override Stem.stencil = ##f

HTH
Urs

On 5. Juni 2014 20:42:54 MESZ, "Br. Samuel Springuel" <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm typesetting some chant and thus need notes without stems.  Based on
my reading of the documentation there should be two ways to do this:
make the stems invisible or remove the stem engraver.

I've been able to make the first option sort-of-work as in the following
snippet:

\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\new Staff \with {
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
}
\relative c' {
\key f \major
\set Score.timing = ##f
\override Staff.Stem #'transparent = ##t
\relative c'' { c bflat a g--( a bflat g ) g-- \bar "||"

However, as you can see, the existence of the stems is still being
accounted for in the placement of the slur, something I don't want.

This makes me think that I should be better off with the second option,
but I can't seem to make it work. I tried the following without success:

\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\new Staff \with {
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
\remove "Stem_engraver"
}
\relative c' {
\key f \major
\set Score.timing = ##f
\relative c'' { c bflat a g--( a bflat g ) g-- \bar "||"

This compiles, but the stems still show up. What do I need to do
differently?