Re: temporarily disable Dot_column_engraver?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: temporarily disable Dot_column_engraver?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 03:35:07 +0000 (UTC)

Mark Polesky <markpolesky <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Normally, the dots on dotted notes in different voicesshould be aligned

The textbooks say we should set dots set independently for each voice

But slightly-misaligned dots in some cases drew some complaints, so
LilyPond sets all voices' dots in one column by default.

> Is theresome override to tell LilyPond: In this voice, stop using
> the staff's Dot_column_engraver, and start using the Voice's*own*
> Dot_column_engraver, which I could then revert when
> I'm done with the small notes?

Put the small notes in a temporary Voice
and give that Voice a Dot_column_engraver.

Having this engraver in both a Voice and Staff is not problem here.
You get two DotColumns, but that is what you want, and the Dots that
are caught by the DotColumn in the Voice are not caught again by that
in the Staff.