Re: point-and-click from PDF viewer to lilypond editor

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: point-and-click from PDF viewer to lilypond editor
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 10:32:34 -0400

    Federico> Does anybody here use point-and-click from an external PDF viewer
    Federico> (either Evince or Xpdf) to the lilypond editor?

I've been using point-and-click between Xpdf and emacs for years.  I've
thought of switching to evince, especially when the xpdf in the ubuntu
repository was broken, but haven't seen enough benefit to be worth the
trouble.

The reason I install lilypond from the lilypond site instead of the
Ubuntu repository is that at one point the Ubuntu version had broken
point-and-click.  I believe I reported it, but never checked whether it
had been fixed.  So if someone's having trouble with it, it's probably
worth installing lilypond directly instead of via a package manager.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/116029698292079786511>

I have only one superstition. I touch all the bases when I hit a home
run.

Babe Ruth