Re: Multiple customized score outputs

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Multiple customized score outputs
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:46:10 +0200

> Hello all,
>
> For my students, I'd need to be able to enter a simple LilyPond score that
> would be printed multiple times with some custom variables like this :
>
> \header {
>     title = "..."
>     subtitle = [STUDENT NAME] - [CLASS NAME]
> }
>
> \score {
> }
>
> Which would render a single PDF with each customized header+score.

This is not ideal but it would  work:

% this is common.ly

common =  {a b c}
\header {
  title="A common title"
}

% end of common.ly

% this is main.ly

\include "common.ly"
\bookpart{
  \header { subtitle = "Student One" }
  \score { \new Staff \common }
}
\bookpart{
  \header { subtitle = "Student Two" }
  \score { \new Staff \common }
}
\bookpart{
  \header { subtitle = "Student Three" }
  \score { \new Staff \common }
}

% end of main.ly

The idea is: the title is inherited from common.ly for all scores. The
subtitle is specified for every score. All scores go on different
pages and the result is a single PDF.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com