In and out of polymetric

From: William Zeitler
Subject: In and out of polymetric
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 07:49:01 -0700

Below is a polymetric snippet (eighth = eighth on the two staves). After

the snippet I would like to continue with "polymetric turned off" --

that is, 6/8 on both staves and barlines connecting them. Then a few

bars later back to "polymetric mode" like the snippet below. How do I do

that? (I’m a Lilypond newbie.)

THANX!

William zeitler

\layout {

  \context {

    \Score

    \remove "Timing_translator"

    \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"

  }

  \context {

    \Staff

    \consists "Timing_translator"

    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

\relative c' <<

  \new Staff {

    \time 5/8

    g''8 d g, a4 |

    g'8 d g, a4 |

    g'8 d g, a c16 bes |

  }

  \new Staff {

    \time 4/8

    \clef "bass"

    g,,8 d' a' g |

    g,8 d' a' g |

    g,8 d' a' g |

    \time 3/8

    g,8 d' a' |

 }

% At this point I want to go back to a common 6/8 time signature and barlines

connecting the two staves.

% This doesn't work so I commented it out:

%\layout {

%  \context {

%    \Score

%    \consists "Timing_translator"

%    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

%  }

%}

%\relative c' <<

%  \new Staff {