Re: \dim and avoid-slur

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: \dim and avoid-slur
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 01:20:30 +0200

Hello Trevor,

I stand corrected. And thanks for spelling out that explanation :-) I haven’t been thorough enough looking it up myself – or rather overestimated my knowledge of the docs, which is unfortunate after some four years of learning. Sigh… On the other hand: I have rarely, if ever, come across issues of this kind, so I’ve been moving in a region I didn’t know as well as others. In this particular case, confusion was increased by forgetting to tweak DynamicLineSpanner’s outside-staff-priority along with that of DynamicText. And I just noticed that, with outside-staff-priority being unset for both (or rather, all three), avoid-slur doesn’t have the desired effect, they will just collide (see attachment). But that would be a different issue.

Good night,
Simon