Re: Snowballing

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Snowballing
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 23:08:00 +0200

Am 25.06.2015 um 19:24 schrieb David Kastrup:
Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

Hello everyone,

is it just me who has been having a kind of ‘snowballing’ problem on
the -user and -devel lists for the last two days or so? Most of the
mails arrive two up to six (!) times, and I’ve no clue why. A bug in
mailman?
Not exactly snowballing.  Sometimes people send messages multiple times
because they don't see them arrive the first time.
Sometimes, but not ‘always near the end of June’.

And the GNU list server sometimes regurgitates old messages, like from a
day ago or so.
Now they appear multiple times within hours (?).
   But that happens rather rarely, and in the last month or
so I have seen all in all maybe 5 such repeated messages.
Probably it’s a bug in Thunderbird then. I’ll see where to report it.
Thanks, Simon